Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Method 10

Wikis have been very useful in the education world. Our First Year Program, in particular, has made heavy use of them. Here's an example,

http://web20kmg.pbwiki.com/

I can see where libraries could use wikis for courses in which we teach library instruction. Links to many different resources, tutorials, and so on could be included.

I've just learned about weebly, though. This is free Web page creation software that does not require knowledge of HTML. Sounds good to me! Weebly and Google Docs are two tools I'd like to study more and use in library instruction and reference.

1 comment:

KMG Academic Librarian said...

Hello Denise, I do enjoy working with PBworks.com to make the online library guides for my Reference Instruction classes. The online guides allow me to Go Green and not have handouts to give the students and I am able to give them information that can be available to look at 24/7 as long as they have access to the Internet. As an Academic Reference and Instruction Librarian, creating the WEB20kmg PBworks webpages as increased my teaching and learning objectives with not only the students but the faculty as well.
Kimberly M. Gay, creator of the web20kmg.pbworks.com