Thursday, December 17, 2009

Method 12

This was a wonderful learning opportunity! I am so grateful for having the chance to take part, and the C.E. certificate makes it even better!
The Web 2.0 world is so huge, and the possibilities are almost limitless. I had felt the need to go through a program like this one in order to have a better understanding of which tools would be most useful in library instruction and reference, in particular, but for libraries, generally, as well. This short class gave me the chance to study these tools more fully. I am especially interested in using Google Docs, RSS, Flickr, and perhaps podcasting. I am already using delicious and find it to be most useful. A little while back, our library was considering implementing a chat reference service. The background information I have as a result of this class will help considerably as we weigh the possibility of using chat in the future. It is a tool we will continue to consider adding to our services. I would like to set up a Skype account!
I would definitely participate in another discovery program! The exercises were very useful--the "hands-on" element is invaluable. The length of text in the lessons was just right--not too long or short.
Once again, thanks for the learning opportunity!! Our mantra is "never stop learning."

No comments: